Very disappointing - severely affected my PC

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM

I agree with stanstr - I had the same problem on my previously very stable Windows XP desktop PC. After several attempts at getting it to run I decided to uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller, which I use frequently to uninstall programs. Unfortunately I chose the Advanced Mode and elected to remove all 3,000 plus registry items that were identified. Although I had created a System Restore point before doing so I failed to create a full back-up of the registry - big mistake! The result was that System Restore didn't work and I've had to spend several days repairing several aspects of Windows, such as a missing Recyle Bin, no Search facility, no Advanced settings for Folder Options etc, etc. I accept that I should have made a backup of the registry before uninstalling WDE and so I can't blame WDE for causing these problems. However, deciding to download and install this particular program, which never worked, caused me a heck of a lot of problems. Be careful!

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2009 at 5:56 AM

Mmh, sounds strange because the program doesn't write anything to the registry. The setup is a standard setup, created with visual studio (see source files). So, what I can do now, is to provide a "copy and run" version without a setup. Keep in mind, this is a very very early version! In your case, I'm not sure that your problems are a result of the WDE (I can't find any problem).