Improvements to WDE address bar

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I'm finding WDE really useful, but there are a few of things that prevent it being a complete Explorer replacement, and I think they are all related to WDE using it's own address bar in each pane. The issues I am having compared to Explorer (in Vista) are:

1. When typing in a path there is no auto discovery and subsequent drop down for the folders and files in the level you are at so far. In Explorer it is really useful to type in two or three characters and have a drop down that contains a few long names that you can choose from.
  2. Tabbing from the address bar into the folder view, and then being able to navigate using the arrow keys to expand and contract sub folders. I think it is because the address bar is too eager to snatch back focus.
  3. If you type a UNC machine name, for example \\myserver, then WDE will not display the shares on that machine as logical folders. Instead it goes back to your last 'good' address.

Please take these in the spirit they are intended, as WDE is an excellent project.

Chris