Windows Double Explorer has stopped working

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of WDE portable (v.0.3.7) and it was running perfectly.  

Then after I closed the program down I cannot load it up again.  What I do get is Windows dialogue box stating that "Windows Double Explorer has stopped working" and "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..." then just disappears after a few seconds with nothing resolved.  

I have downloaded the zip file several times and overwrote the files i was using locally, but still no solution.  I have also cleaned the registry with Ccleaner and numerous reboots, to no avail.  

There are no other errors or clues as to what the problem is...  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Cheers,

thelauman

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Hi and sorry, I never heard something about this problem.

Pls check and rename the following folder's regarding WDE

Path to 'user.config':
C:\Users\<your user accountname>\AppData\Local\jdSoftwareSolutions\WDE.exe_xxxx

Path to Application-Settings:
xxx\WDE.exe.Config

Application.LocalUserAppDataPath':
C:\Users\<your user account name>\AppData\Local\jdSoftwareSolutions\WDE\0.3.7.0

Application.UserAppDataPath ':
C:\Users\<your user account name>\AppData\Roaming\jdSoftwareSolutions\WDE\0.3.7.0

I hope this will be helpfull for you

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:02 AM
Hi jdaehler,
Thank you for the help.  I did not know that files and folders were created in the locations you mentioned below.. 
Once i navigated to those folders i simply deleted them and reran the application and BAM it works sweet!! 

So thank you kindly
Cheers,
lauman
jdaehler wrote:

Hi and sorry, I never heard something about this problem.

Pls check and rename the following folder's regarding WDE

Path to 'user.config':
C:\Users\<your user accountname>\AppData\Local\jdSoftwareSolutions\WDE.exe_xxxx

Path to Application-Settings:
xxx\WDE.exe.Config

Application.LocalUserAppDataPath':
C:\Users\<your user account name>\AppData\Local\jdSoftwareSolutions\WDE\0.3.7.0

Application.UserAppDataPath ':
C:\Users\<your user account name>\AppData\Roaming\jdSoftwareSolutions\WDE\0.3.7.0

I hope this will be helpfull for you

Mar 10, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Edited Mar 11, 2010 at 1:11 PM

I have just this trouble, WDE was not used It was surfing and the WDE windows reduced.

So I have two applications events logged on the systeme log: screen capture are  avalable

Exception code BEX code 5

Prog in fault sccachc.dll  ????    It's a dll from my phone bluetooth application not running at this time???

So this trouble is not easy to track and reproduce?

So i'm ready to do every test to locate and solve the problem.

Please, how to add an attachement to the note?

Mar 14, 2010 at 5:41 PM

After some investigation into the system log  the trouble is due to explorer itself. I don't know why but I've have had the same message without using WDE.

Hope to be usefull.

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I think the trouble is coming thru some Explorer extention or pluggin which use the old subclassing methode to be installed. I dont exactly know how the probleme is there but it arrives after several hours without mouse/keyboard activity.

So I have uninstall my bluetooth phone connection program and now it's ok after two days. The only relationship I have found between Explorer and my tool is the pseudo device of  my phone,   displayed by the Explorer.

Hope to be useful.