Windows Double Explorer... I just Don't Understand

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:14 AM

I downloaded Double Explorer to "My Downloads" and double clicked and launched the program which brought up the "double explorer."  I thought it looked great and was very excited.  Then I exited out and that was that.  If I launch windows explorer it's not "double" - just the old way comes up.  I have to go into "My downloads" and launch the application again if I want to use double explorer.  Obviously to do that on an ongoing basis is ridiculous.  The help menu takes you to a website that is not in English so no help there.  To even get help here I had to register for some "code plex" thing I have no idea about.  This whole thing has been very weird...

I am just a "user" who would like to "use" this program.  How do I do that?

Thanks, Sandy

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2010 at 7:31 AM

Hi Sandy

this is only Beta at the moment. No time for documentation, sorry. But it would be great is any other person would like to take part of it.

To your problem. Be sure that both number toolbar buttons 1 + 2 are switched on.

Another possibility is to rename the wdeConfig.xml file.

Application.LocalUserAppDataPath':
C:\Users\<your user account name>\AppData\Local\jdSoftwareSolutions\WDE\0.3.7.0

I hope this will be helpfull for you

J

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:38 AM

Thanks for responing.   Unfortunatley I still couldn't get it to work...  It's a good proram - I'll check back again.

Good luck!

Sandy

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Why don't you just open the windows double explorer and the pin it to your taskbar!  Then you can lauch it anytime with one click